On Saturday, May 4, 2013, 11 am, a bronze plaque was unveiled, commemorating the D.B. Cox Department Store, an anchor business in downtown Ashland from 1867 to 1955. The plaque was unveiled at the historic D.B. Cox building, erected in 1913 on the corner of Railroad Ave. and Thompson St. (Rt 54). The D.B. Cox building is currently the home of the Iron Horse restaurant and McKinney & Company.
Historical photos and memorabilia were on display. Several members of the Cox family were in attendance. The 100th anniversary of this landmark building was celebrated with sharing of memories, Ashland’s history and cake! This was a joint project of the Museum and Ashland Main Street Association.