The Ashland Tomato Farm was operated by W.A. Harrison around the turn of the century on Route 54 east of Ashland, near the Hanover County Cannery. The labels came from that farming operation and date from between 1890 to 1910.
The Ashland Museum has come across a significant number of these original, historic labels that were never put onto cans. The labels will be sold individually (suitable for framing) and affixed to the type of metal cans for which they were designed.
The cans and labels are on sale at the Ashland Museum now for $10 and $5, respectively. Proceeds benefit the Ashland Museum’s programs. Stop by the Museum to get yours soon.