Volunteering at the Ashland Museum
VOLUNTEERING: We need volunteers! Use our Contact page if you are interested in helping out at the Museum. Below, we’ve listed some of the activities our volunteers get involved in.
- Special Opportunity: Volunteer seamstress wanted. We need a seamstress or tailor who would be willing to create an authentic woman’s or man’s or child’s dress or suit from 1875 to 1880. For the women, it is considered the “early bustle period.” Here is a website for patterns. If anyone is interested, please contact Rosanne Shalf at 798-3783.
- Help us keep the Museum and the Red Caboose open for visitors, 10 am-2 pm on Saturdays and 12:30pm-2:30 pm on Sundays. Volunteers work 2-hour shifts, in teams of 2 people per shift. We always need new volunteers to team with experienced Museum staff members. Contact us if you are interested in devoting 2 hours a month to keep the Museum and Red Caboose open for visitors.
- Learn how to help with the archives.
- Pitch in during special events like Museum Clean-Up days, Plaque Dedication events, and during town festivals like Train Day when we need extra staff. Check our Calendar for dates and times when special events are scheduled.
- Take on a special task or responsibility like painting, cleaning, maintenance, or building something for the Museum. Watch our website and Facebook page for requests for specific volunteer tasks. Contact us if you have an idea.
Use our Contact page to let us know how you’d like to get involved! Thank you.