Posted on Dec 06, 2011 by Nancy.
These are members of the Lance and Bridle Club riding south down Virginia Street on March 24, 1940. James E. Cobb, III donated this digital image to the Ashland Museum. The tall smokestack on the left is the Randolph-Macon Utility stack that today serves mostly as a location for cell phone transmitters. The house on […]
Posted on Apr 01, 2010 by admin.
1968 photo Kiddie Kingdom was started in September 1968 as an outreach ministry of the Sunday School Department of Ashland Christian Church. Originally a half-day program, it was expanded to provide all-day care in 1969, and became the first licensed childcare facility in Hanover County. In March 1974, Kiddie Kingdom was incorporated and no longer […]
Posted on Feb 20, 2010 by admin.
The Hanover Arts & Activities Center is housed in the original Ashland Baptist Church at 500 South Center Street. History: When the Ashland Baptist Church moved west of town, the big question was, “What to do with the first church?” No one wanted to see it deteriorate from non-use and become an eyesore to the […]