Ella Cinders’ Tea Room was located at the southwest corner of Myrtle Street and Route 1. In 1934, a customer wrote to a friend on this postcard, “The room is nice with steam heat and running water in the room.” The building was torn down, and AutoZone is now on the site.
The Tea Room may have been named for the syndicated comic strip, Ella Cinders, which ran in newspapers from 1925 to 1961. A silent film adaptation was also released in 1926.
Image submitted by Susan and Woody Tucker