The Red Caboose
Ashland’s Red Caboose is a landmark at 105A Hanover Avenue, just across from Town Hall, near the intersection of Rt 54, the railroad tracks and Hanover Ave. This authentic 1926 C&O caboose, in service from Feb. 22, 1926 to Aug. 21, 1974, has much of its exterior and interior in original condition. Read more about the Red Caboose and about how cabooses were used on trains in our exhibit brochure: The Red Caboose – An Ashland Museum Exhibit (pdf).
The Red Caboose is an exhibit of the Ashland Museum. We try to have the Red Caboose open for tours on the following schedule:
Saturdays: 10 a.m. -2 p.m.
Sundays: 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Please stop by and look for the sidewalk sign saying “The Red Caboose is Open”. The Ashland Museum at 105 Hanover Ave. is open on this same schedule. Check our Calendar and Facebook page for updates. If you want to be a volunteer, please send us a message on our Contact page.